The Towers Walk, Ballysaggartmore - Siúlóid na dTúr – Baile na Sagart Mór
Ballysaggartmore Towers are a truly magical sight. 'The Towers' is located 3 miles outside of Lismore Town. They were built in 1850 by Arthur Kiely-Ussher for his wife who wanted to live in a large house. The plan was to build a large house but having built the bridge, its towers and the gate lodge; the money ran out so work on the castle never began. Instead the family had to settle for a much more modest house which was demolished in the 1930s.
If the Towers are anything to go by, this house would have been spectacular. This is a great place for a walk. If you follow the path through the forest the towers will appear.
A diverse range of tree species to be noted including ash, oak, sycamore, horse chestnut, spruce, and fir as well as shrubs of holly, hazel and bramble. The main avenue is planted with a row of tall shaking poplars and rhododendron, interspersed by pheasant berry, snowberry, holly and much more.
Take the route R666 from Lismore to Ballyduff and Fermoy, sign-posted at the bridge near Lismore Castle. Continue for approximately 3.5km to the Towers entrance on the right. Ample parking is provided.
Directions will appear here