St. Carthage's Cathedral, Lismore is a Church of Ireland cathedral. Christianity has been practised on this site for over 1,000 years. Most of the current structure dates back to the 17th century dating back as the Cathedral was destroyed in 1630, and rebuilt starting in 1663.It was re-roofed and refurbished in the 18th century. Of note is the 12th century Norman Wall, the McGrath Family Tomb and the Edward Burne-Jones pre-Raphaelite stained glass window.
Directions will appear here