Fortwilliam Fishery is 3 miles from tidal water and has 5 beats on the river, which include stretches particularly suited to fly fishing. Offering a total of 3.5 miles of double bank fishing, our beats provide a wide variety of water, suitable for both beginners and the more experienced fishermen.
In 2003 a large river enhancement was carried out and the work included the construction of croys, deflectors, rock armouring, the placing of rocks as “salmon lies”, improved fishable access and the deepening of certain stretches. Fortwilliam has a policy of ongoing improvements and high standards of maintenance.
Our salmon include – Springers, May Salmon, Grilse, Back End Salmon, and in Summer we often have good numbers of sea trout.
Our Services and Facilities include:
- Fortwilliam Fishing syndicate membership.
- Casting pond well stocked with Trout.
- Good vehicular and boat access to much of the fishery.
- Well maintained paths and mown riverbank access.
- Fishing huts on most of the beats.
- Rod licences, tags and beat maps.
- Rod room and freezer storage.
- Tackle Hire – Fly rods, rod and reel hire.
- Wader Hire – Chest waders are necessary for fly fishermen. Wading is generally good on the mainly gravel bottom.
- Fly casting Tuition and Casting days with a qualified instructor.
- Under 16 years old fish for free when accompanied.
- Ghillies – Should you require a personal ghillie, we have a very good team here at Fortwilliam including a number of qualified instructors.
- Gift Vouchers.
Salmon Fishing Prices
- Feb & March €30 per day
- April €35
- May €40 Special 2 consecutive days €60
- June €50
- July €60
- August €80
- September €100
- October €70 (Catch & Release)
- Trout Permit €20 per day
- Trout Permit €100 per year