Friday 13th July
St Brigid's Halls, Kilrossanty - Masterclass in the Mountains. Book Online with Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/masterclass-in-the-mountains-tickets-46606845329
A unique opportunity to join internationally-renowned watercolour artist, Roisin O’Shea, on a series of painting masterclasses at various outdoor locations in the Comeragh Mountains for one or two days. Buses and lunch will be provided and plenty tips and advice shared. Meet at 9.30am in St Brigids Hall each day, classes limited to 20 participants and admission is €25 per day or both days for €40. Booking Essential via Eventbrite. See details of equipment required below.
||Glencomeragh - Brake for the Border - Book online with Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/brake-for-the-border-tickets-46797845616
Starting at Glencomeragh Kilsheelan Co Waterford the 25km guided cycle tour takes in a visit to: the grave of Maurice Davin, Churchtown,the medieval parish church at Carrickbeg the Ormonde Manor House at Carrick the medieval old bridge between Counties Waterford and Tipperary and from there cycle on the traffic free Suir Blueway to Kilsheelan from where the historic sites of Coolnamuck Court, Glen Castle and De La Poer Castle, all in Co. Waterford can be seen in addition to the Norman keeps and castles along the way on the Tipperary side including Dove Hill Castle, Poulakerry Castle etc. Crossing the bridge in Kilsheelan brings us back into County Waterford and back the Suir Valley to Glencomeragh.
Entry Fee €5, €10 Family Ticket. Over 12s only Limited Numbers, Pre Booking Essential via Eventbrite.
||Portlaw Heritage Centre – Portlaw through the Centuries - Admission €5
Join Ger Crotty as he recalls the history of Portlaw through the Centuries "Portlaw through the centuries is a talk on this unique village, exploring its relationship and its impact on the wider economic life of the area. Admission €5
Mahon Falls - Mountain High Music -Book online with Eventbrite - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mountain-high-music-tickets-46529093772
A spectacular and enchanting evening awaits deep in the mountains as the Dublin Gospel Choir and Newfoundland perform against the spectacular backdrop of stunning Mahon Falls. Bring walking boots/comfortable shoes for the trek and wrap up warmly. Start time at Mahon Falls is 9.15pm. Admission is €15 Early Bird via Eventbrite up until Friday 6th July and €20 on night.
Equipment required for Master Class:
Outdoor Watercolour Painting Kit List
- No. 8 round sable watercolour brush + other brushes of choice
- Small 10/12 colour pan set (outdoors)
- Watercolour block 140 lb 12” x 9” or tubes if preferred
- 2b, 4b and 7b pencils
- Fold up chair, stool or blanket to sit on.
- Drawing board/ masking tape/board clips in case it is windy + portable easel if preferred
- Large plastic bottle full of painting water
- Kitchen paper/wet wipes/hand sanitiser. For when hand washing is not an option.
- Sun-block (be careful not to get this on your paper via your forearms)
- Waterproof hooded jacket
- Extra lightweight clothing, cardigans, etc will warm you if it is chilly
- Comfortable walking shoes for uneven terrain
- A painting or plastic storage box can double up as a foot rest or side table.
- A wide brimmed hat/baseball hat is vital, painting in sunglasses is not recommended as it distorts the colours.
- Food and drink
- Mobile Phone
- Hayfever tablets/headache pills/other medication as needed.
- Insect Repellent, Bite Cream
- A Camera in case you dont get finished in time.
- A fishing umbrella can help you stay out even it is raining.